Sample Massage School Test
Questions and Answers!
Page 4. Cont. from SECTION 1:
- Where does the large intestine meridian begin and end? Begins on the index finger and travels along the arm, over the shoulder to the end on the face just to the outside of the nose.
- What is another name for meridian? Pathway
- Where does the spleen meridian begin and end? Begins on the big toe, travels along the arch of the foot and continues up the inside of the leg to the torso.
- Where does the heart meridian begin and end? Begins in the armpit, travels along the inside of the arm and ends on the little finger.
- Where does the small intestine meridian begin and end? Begins on the outside tip of the pinky finger, runs along the back of the arm, across the shoulder blade and onto the face, ending in front of the ear.
- When promoting reflexology, the therapist can identify a problem because of what? Tightness in certain areas of the feet, sand like substances, and extreme tender areas of the feet.
- What type of movement is related with moving the body from its longitudinal? Extension
- What type of modality penetrates deep tissue muscle? Shaitsu
- What two contraindications would you have in Trager? Blood clots and massaging on joints that have had surgery less than three (3) months.
- Which hormone is related to the sympathetic system? Cortisol Insulin-Oxytocin
- Yes or No. Is it contraindicated to do heavy percussion below the thoracic region? Yes
- What is the largest organ? The Skin
- What muscle relaxes when inhalation is involved? Diaphragm
- What organ is affected in a long term disease? Liver
- Which tubes are responsible to conduct urine from the kidneys to the urinary bladders? Ureters
- When is (AF) ROM, Active free range of motion performed? It is performed when the client actively contracts the muscles crossing a joint, moving the joint through the unrestricted range.
- The muscle contracts and shortens against a constant load would be________. Isotonic
- What two muscles are antagonistic to each other? Biceps and triceps.
- What is the correct way to lift an object? Bend from your knees so you are close to the object and do not rotate your stance and face the object you are lifting and do not bend from the waist.
- True or False. Physiologic effects of massage are beneficial. TRUE
Please visit this web site for new questions that the author creates monthly to help students pass their exams