Massage School Test
Questions and Answers!
Page 3. Cont. from SECTION 1:
- What is spina bifida and what part of the body would spina bifida effect? A congenital defect in which the spinal column is imperfectly closed so that part of the meninges or spinal cord protrudes, often resulting in hydrocephalus and other neurological disorders. It would affect the vertebral arch.
- What are the first symptoms of osteoarthritis? Swelling and heat.
- What is goiter and where is it located? It is an enlargement of the thyroid gland located just below the Adam’s Apple.
- Are coughing and wheezing associated with Asthma and bronchitis? Yes
- True or False. Anemia is caused by Vitamin B12 deficiency. TRUE.
- What nutrient helps with the formation of our bones and our teeth? Vitamin D—It promotes absorption of calcium and magnesium, which are essential for the normal development of healthy teeth and bones.
- What should a therapist due if a client shows up under the influence of alcohol? Tell the client that they will have to reschedule.
- What does myocardial infarction refer to? Heart attack
- True or False. The glenohum eral joint consists of the humerus and scapula. TRUE
- True or False. The glenohumerl joint is a gliding joint. FALSE. It is a ball and socket joint.
- What skin infection is contagious from person to person contact? Impetigo
- Which muscle (thick muscle) is hard to palpitate in the triangle of the neck? Sternocleidomastoid muscle
- True or False. Massaging the sternocleidomastoid muscle can help relieve vertigo? TRUE
- True or False. The urogentital system includes sex organs, urinary system, and the excretion of the vertebrates. TRUE
- True or False. Integument is the enveloping membrane of the body. TRUE
- Which does the integument include? Dermis and epidermis
- True or False. Hydrotherapy cannot have an effect on the superficial integument. FALSE. It can have an effect.
- What causes tendonitis? Overuse of the muscle.
- True or False. Diagnosis is the term used for the symptoms and signs reported by the physician. TRUE
- What two organs are related to the earth element in oriental medicine? Spleen and Pancreas
- Where does the stomach meridian begin and end? Begins below the center of the eye, it descends down the center of the throat, through the chest, nipples, abdomen and groin where it jogs over and down the outside of the center of the leg, over the instep, ending at the base of the second toe.
Please visit this web site for new massage school test questions that the author creates to help students pass their exams